Re: Graphics contrast

Alastair,

I agree with Laura and adding the "alternative version" info...I think that
will make this SC palatable for all.  Do you think we should edit the
current wording on Incidental images, or add a new "alternative version"
statement.

   - Incidental: Graphical elements that are not required for the
   understanding of the graphic, that are pure decoration, that have the same
   information elsewhere on the same page have no contrast requirement;

could become

   - Incidental: Graphical elements that are not required for the
   understanding of the graphic, that are pure decoration, that have the same
   information elsewhere on the same page or that have an alternative
   conforming version available from the same page have no contrast
   requirement;

Or, do we leave incidental as is...and add:

   - High Contrast Alternative Available - Informational graphics that do
   not meet minimum color contrast have an alternative conforming version
   available from the same page.

I'm leaning towards leaving "Incidental" as is...and adding "High Contrast
Alternative Available".  But I don't feel super strongly about it...and
think that I want to see which way you are leaning Alastair.  Since you've
made the most recent edits :)

glenda sims    |   team a11y lead   |    deque.com    |    512.963.3773

*web for everyone. web on everything.* -  w3 goals