Re: Graphics contrast

From: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2016 10:21:39 +0000
To: Glenda Sims <glenda.sims@deque.com>
CC: LVTF - low-vision-a11y <public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Glenda wrote:

> And as a fall back position, we could add an option to provide an easily findable "good contrast version" of an info graphic...as an alternative.

I was thinking that to, if you didn’t pick that meaning up from the ‘incidental’ part, can you think of a modification to the “that have the same information elsewhere on the same page” part of it to help?

• Incidental: Graphical elements that are not required for the understanding of the graphic, that are pure decoration, that have the same information elsewhere on the same page have no contrast requirement;

Perhaps “that have an alternative conforming version available from the same page”?

Thanks,

-Alastair