W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org > November 2016

Terminology Question

From: Wayne Dick <wayneedick@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 07:59:37 -0700
Message-ID: <CAJeQ8SDF4HKYt8YwK1LA_Ei1Txtv9q_SDjW+QyWKgUrqCF107A@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-low-vision-a11y-tf <public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org>
May I change terminology.


Scrolling is an action taken to bring parts of a document that are not
on the viewport into view.

Scrolling may be one dimensional (1D) meaning you scroll up and down
or left and right but not both.

Two Dimensional (2D) scrolling (2D) means you scroll up, down, left
and right, and even diagonally..

Originally I introduced the term bi-directional for 2D scrolling. This
was an unfortunate conflict with the bi-drirectional algorithm. May I
change bi-directional with 2D (two dimensional) throughout.

Received on Tuesday, 1 November 2016 15:00:49 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 16:23:23 UTC