Re: Question about accessibility.

From: Jim Allan <jimallan@tsbvi.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 16:36:00 -0600
To: Wayne Dick <wayneedick@gmail.com>
Cc: public-low-vision-a11y-tf <public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org>
> 1. Do you read better when the lines run off the end of the screen or when
> you have word wrapping? (yes/no)

​this is an OR question not yes/no

prefer word wrapping​

> Can you read computer code effectively when code lines runs of the end of
> the screen? (yes / no)

​no​

> If you read code do you prefer w
> ​ord wrapping that conforms to the authors indentation? (yes / no)

​depends on the authors indentation. mostly I don't think about it. Unless
there is a hard return at the end of every line then word wrap be​comes a
MESS. (argh)

> Can you read difficult long documents when the lines run off the end of
> the screen?
> (a) Just barely
> (b) Moderately well
> (c) As good as with word wrapping
> (d) Better than with word wrapping
> ​

​(a) mostly I print long documents and read paper. ​

--
Jim Allan, Accessibility Coordinator
1100 W. 45th St., Austin, Texas 78756