From: Jim Allan
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 12:31 PM
To: ALAN SMITH
Cc: public-low-vision-a11y-tf
Subject: Re: Survey for Tomorrows Call

Hi Alan,
We talked about your concern a bit on the call. The ACB [1] document seems to be about minimum requirements for printed materials from a 3rd party.
The Accessibility Requirements for Low Vision Users document, specifically 3.7.1 Printing customized text, is about users being able to customize the content on the screen to meet their unique needs and print that customized view.
The goal is that the user can choose the font, weight, leading, proportionality of headings (etc), alignment, spacing, bullet types, widow/orphans, page numbering, margins, columns, etc. (as delineated in various user requirements 3.1 - 3.5) and then print it on the paper color and weight of their choosing (3.7.1). The user is to be afforded as much control over the content as stated in our requirements and be able to print their final best view how ever they want.
If there is some thing missing, we have time to discuss and perhaps add it. the "final polished" version of the First public working draft is slated to go to the WCAG working group mid Feb.
Please bring your concerns to the group. Let's make the document better.
Jim

1. http://acb.org/node/750