Re: Low Vision doc -- Re: [wbs] response to 'EOWG Weekly Survey - 12 February 2016'

Hi Shawn and all,

Re "check the next option" - yes - see previous reply

Re "Rivers are primarily caused by full justification" - yes, full
justification is the cause, but the effect of full justification
(especially poor algorithms for it) is poor word spacing and that is what
cause the rivers of white. I was suggesting the split as the spacing is
what causes the rivers of white (even though the poor spacing is caused by
full justification) - rivers of white is a traking issue, hence suggesting
it fits under 3.2. Maybe I'm being too pedantic ;-)

Re "difficulty reading because of rivers, what could they do about it" -
not sure about the 'proportional font' suggestion, proportional-spaced
fonts still cause rivers of white. One other ideal suggestion - "change the
degree of hyphenation". [maybe talk to Bert Bos about some current CSS
considerations / maybe also the Digital Publishing Interest Group / Digital
Publishing A11y TF ]

Andrew

*Andrew Arch*

*Lead *– Accessibility / Inclusivity / Assisted Digital

Digital Transformation Office <http://www.dto.gov.au/>

0438 156 883 (general office)

e. andrew.arch@digital.gov.au  |  t. @AusDTO <https://twitter.com/AusDTO>
@amja <https://twitter.com/amja>