Re: Agenda: Low Vision Taskforce Telecon on 30 Sept 2015

Hi Laura,
reading #6
A person with albinism
<https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/low-vision-a11y-tf/wiki/Types_of_Low_Vision#Albinism>
attempts to return to a landing Web page from an interior Web page by using
the browser back button but it is hidden due to screen magnifier being
zoomed in. This makes it difficult to locate previous content. The problem
could be solved if browser back button functionality was available from
within the zoomed viewport or if some other method of navigation within the
set of Web pages was provided.

I don't understand how this is a problem. Using a screen magnifier does not
prevent the standard browser keyboard controls (backspace or ALT-leftArrow
or the Mac equivalent) from working. So, the functionality is already
provided.  Or, am I missing something in this scenario?
Jim

--
[image: http://www.tsbvi.edu] <http://www.tsbvi.edu>Jim Allan,
Accessibility Coordinator