From: Laura Carlson [mailto:laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 11:58 AM
To: public-low-vision-a11y-tf <public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Subject: Alicia's Story - Cloud4all Use Case

Hello everyone,

In case you haven't run across this video:

"...Alicia is a 70 years old pensioner living in a house for the

elderly. Additionally, she suffers some sort of visual impairment.

Even though she is willing to catch up with the current world news,

Alicia sometimes has problems due to her special needs when surfing

the web. She requires a high contrast and a big font size at least in

order to navigate easily. Nonetheless these settings are not easy to

adjust, therefore every time she uses a computer, she needs help for

that. Here is where magic happens with Cloud4all and GPII due to the

fact that only by keying-in a USB pen-drive all these adjustments are

made automatically without the need to seek external help..."

http://www.cloud4all.info/cloud4all-alicias-story-1/

I added a link to it on our "Assistive Technologies for users with Low

Vision Wiki page:

https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/low-vision-a11y-tf/wiki/Assistive_Technologies_for_users_with_Low_Vision#Global_Public_Inclusive_Infrastructure_.28GPII.29_and_Cloud4all

Best Regards,

Laura