RE: Research Wiki Page may be helpful in sparking use case ideas

> I wonder if we should add a use case regarding the accessibility of maps for people with low vision? If so what would be the biggest issue and a proposed solution?

Some time ago on WebAIM Detlev Fischer had posted a draft of some work he was drafting on accessible diagrams<http://www.incobs.de/articles/items/diagram-a11y.html>.  I had provided a response about maps that may be relevant

<Jonathan> Of use may be an APH link to a document on essential aspects of large print maps and such as using solid backgrounds.  Reducing details for users with low vision will help as well.  Perhaps allowing the user to remove or add layers as desired may be beneficial as well to users with low vision and cognitive disabilities.

http://www.aph.org/accessible-media-guidelines/

</ Jonathan>

Jonathan

--

Jonathan Avila

Chief Accessibility Officer

SSB BART Group

jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com

Phone 703.637.8957

Follow us: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Blog | Newsletter