Re: Build websites and Web APIs on top of KGs with Walder

On 9/1/20 7:08 AM, Pieter Heyvaert wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> We are happy to let you know that we have released Walder [1]! Walder
> offers an easy way to set up a website or Web API on top of
> decentralized knowledge graphs, which can be hosted via Solid PODs,
> SPARQL endpoints, Triple Pattern Fragments interfaces, RDF files, and
> so on. Using content negotiation, Walder makes the data in these
> knowledge graphs available to clients via HTML, RDF, and JSON-LD. You
> define in a configuration file which data Walder uses and how it
> processes this data.
>
> Our own website [2] uses Walder. Especially, our team page [3] shows
> the power of decentralized knowledge graphs as it queries different
> Solid PODs, websites with JSON-LD and plain RDF files to collect the
> content that is displayed.
>
> Wanna try it out? Check out the examples in the repository or follow
> our tutorial that guides you through the creation of your first
> website using Walder [4].
>
> [1] https://github.com/KNowledgeOnWebScale/walder
> [2] https://knows.idlab.ugent.be/
> [3] https://knows.idlab.ugent.be/team
> [4]
> https://pieterheyvaert.com/blog/2020/08/31/getting-started-with-walder/

Hi Pieter,

Great stuff!

I opened an issue on the  Walder project regarding the use of relative
HTTP URIs to enhance the Turtle and JSON-LD returned via
content-negotiation [1].

Attached screenshots demonstrate rendering of both examples using our
Structured Data Sniffer Browser Extension [2].

Links:

[1] https://github.com/KNowledgeOnWebScale/walder/issues/41

[2]
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/openlink-structured-data/egdaiaihbdoiibopledjahjaihbmjhdj?hl=en
-- Structured Data Sniffer (for Chrome and other Web Extensions
compliant Browsers)

[3]
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/openlink-structured-data-sniff/
-- Structured Data Sniffer for Firefox)