Re: blank predicates

Generalized RDF allows blank nodes in relation position, so does N3 and also ISO Common Logic (all with the same semantics). The various suggestions to use a ’crap’ URI such as lio:relation can be seen as skolemizations of these bnodes in predicate position. There are independent reasons for using generalized RDF syntax in any case, since reasoning is incomplete without it. And it is pretty trivial to implement: it amounts to not performing some syntax checks that RDF requires.

Pat Hayes