Re: blank predicates

Hi Melvin,
I hope you (and all on the list are well and keeping safe as possible).

Pretty much wot Dan said.
I don't see the problem, really.

What's the knowledge you have?
Alice has a connection to Bob?
So that's what you say
#Alice ns:connection #Bob .

Because that's all you can say.
And if that knowledge isn't useful, leave the triple out.
But there may be more to it?
Do you want to know if there is more than one connection.
Or you may be you want to elaborate on that connection later?
In which case you could create a different predicate for every relationship - probably with a random string rather than something that encoded Alice & Bob in it, but that would be bad for multiple connections.
I hope the store you are using is happy with lots of predicates, if you do.

I find myself wondering whether you are being misled that because your data is a graph, the RDF graph should have a similar topology?
Is it not the case that it is the connections that you have knowledge about?
And possibly want to make statements about.
So you create multiple triples for this knowledge of s single edge in your map.
And I even think you could then use blank nodes for the connections, if you wanted.
I know this would sort of look a bit like reification, but it isn't - it would be an RDF graph representing the knowledge you want.

Finally, I also find myself wondering whether property graphs won't work better for you, but wouldn't dare say that on this list ;-)
Although I note you say:
> My software currently does not allow the labeling of edges is the reason (but hopefully in future it will)
which sounds like you are going down that road.

Best
Hugh

--
Hugh