Re: Unleashing FORCE Linked Open Data against COVID19

On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 at 20:21, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> The world is confronting a global challenge in the form of the COVID19
> disease spread by the SARS_COV_2 virus.
>
> Data (Measurements), Information (Metrics), and Knowledge (Insights) are
> crucial right now, with regards to supporting the needs of drug makers,
> healthcare workers, governments, and everyone else dealing the the effects
> of this new reality.
>
> This community produced a massive LODCloud KnowledgeGraph that has been
> growing stealthily for years (since 2007), and luckily it includes a
> significant segment dedicated to Life Sciences and BioInformatics.
>
> Let's build on this most powerful asset by integrating with newer data
> emerging about the virus, disease it causes.
>
> I've published a post [1] that provides examples and technical details
> about how we can achieve what I am suggesting.

The countries that have been successful in stopping Covid-19 to pervent
Sars 2 have used a number of techniques.

Widespread testing and reporting -- e.g. South Korea

Contact tracing in the fat tail

In china they have a QR code to determine the fat tail of different paths
of the disease.  They change color when you might be on a train that
someone else tested positive for.

So there is the big data approach, LOD, SPARQL, quadstores

And the small data approach, social, personal data, small files, blinding,
cryptography, aggregated data

The two can combine to give both a global dasboard (website) and personal
dashboard (web) app

Here's an attempt at an app:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/news/this-app-would-tell-you-if-you-crossed-paths-with-the-coronavirus/

But we are just in the foothills of this disease.  It's going to get a lot
bigger, and come back in waves.  Then it will also mutate to create new
diseases SAR 3, 4, 5 .... N.  Indeed by about the 2030s it will be possible
to synthesize such things on relatively inexpensive hardware

So fighting Covid-YYYY will become the new normal

But I think it's all siloed data.  Government will track this centrally.
Then you hand over your phone an they track your contacts.  Silos all the
way down ...