Re: uri4uri.net

From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 13:01:29 +0100
To: Christöpher Gutteridge <totl@soton.ac.uk>
Cc: "<public-lod@w3.org>" <public-lod@w3.org>
On Thu, 20 Feb 2020 at 12:47, Christöpher Gutteridge <totl@soton.ac.uk>
wrote:

> For an April 1st joke in 2013 I set up this site; http://uri4uri.net/
>
> While it was a joke, it is an interesting idea; it takes a URI and pulls
> it apart and describes it in RDF. This means giving RDF identifiers to
> mimetypes, file suffixes, domains and protocols etc.
>
> However it's time to decide if I should renew the DNS for it and I
> thought I'd see if the community still thinks this is an interesting
> demo worth preserving. If there's any positive noise at all I'll renew
> it, but maybe it's just junk now...

It's actually the best whois lookup that ive seen

Headers would be even better

The key thing i learnt about "advanced" linked data, is that RDF about a
URI is different from RDF as the content.  ie data vs meta data.

A good design cleanly separates the two.  Which is surprisingly uncommon on
the web.

+1 to renew