Re: Announcing dataset "CORD-19 Named Entities KG": an RDF dataset of named entities identified in the CORD-19 corpus

Dear Franck, all,

Thanks for this imitative!

Since many of us are working on COVID related things now, I wanted to
share my general impression with the community:

From my experience, purely automated named entity recognition and
relation extraction approaches do *NOT* reach sufficient precision and
recall for most real world use cases in scholarly knowledge discovery.

As a result of this, we should invest our efforts in approaches, which
have really the potential to provide concrete value to epidemiology and
virology research.

In order to do so, we should start with very concrete use cases and
research questions, which we aim to support answering. As a result, we
can then benchmark the extend to which our approaches provide concrete
value in reality.

As an example, one important research question for COVID is the R0
reproductive number estimates for SARS-nCoV-2019. We created a
systematic comparison of different studies aiming to answer this
question in our Open Research Knowledge Graph here:

https://www.orkg.org/orkg/comparison/R12251

We are now working on integrating some domain specific visualizations of
the R0 estimates and their confidence intervals:

https://vitalis-wiens.github.io/ChartVisTest/

It would be great, if we could work together on covering more COVID
research in the Open Research Knowledge Graph - more info can be also
found here:
https://projects.tib.eu/orkg/get-involved/

In particular, we will be happy to ingest semantic extraction results
for answering concrete research questions into the ORKG.

Best regards and stay healthy everyone,

Sören