Re: Comunica 1.3.0 for querying the Web of Linked Data

On 9/20/18 9:10 AM, Ruben Taelman wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> We released Comunica 1.3.0,
> a new version of our modular framework
> for querying Linked Data on the Web.
> With Comunica, you can execute queries over
> (federations of) TPF interfaces, LD documents, SPARQL endpoints.
>
> Try it in your browser with our new Web client:
> http://query.linkeddatafragments.org/
>
> Next to querying using SPARQL queries,
> it is now also possible to use GraphQL queries [1].
> This opens up the Linked Open Data cloud to GraphQL developers
> without having to build proxies over existing server interfaces.
>
> Additionally, we now also fully support Memento's datetime negotiation
> [2],
> which allows for time-travel queries over different dataset versions
> to be done.
>
> We also support easy programmatic configuration of RDFJS-based sources
> [3],
> as defined by the W3C community group [4].
> This allows for all RDFJS-compatible source implementations
> to be plugged in Comunica directly, and allowing querying over them.
>
> Finally, Comunica now also fully supports SPARQL path expressions,
> which brings us a step closer towards full SPARQL 1.1 compliance.
>
> Full changelog:
> https://github.com/comunica/comunica/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md
>
> [1] https://gist.github.com/rubensworks/9d6eccce996317677d71944ed1087ea6
> [2] https://mementoweb.org/guide/rfc/
> [3]
> https://github.com/comunica/comunica/tree/master/packages/actor-init-sparql-rdfjs
> [4] https://www.w3.org/community/rdfjs/
>
> Kind regards,
> Ruben Taelman
> Joachim Van Herwegen
> Miel Vander Sande
> Ruben Verborgh
>
> Some more links:
>   Documentation: http://comunica.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
>   GitHub: https://github.com/comunica/comunica/
>   NPM: https://www.npmjs.com/package/@comunica/actor-init-sparql

Great job!

A few examples:

[1]
http://query.linkeddatafragments.org/#datasources=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org%2Fsparql
-- default query scoped to http://dbpedia.org/sparql endpoint (13.2 secs
across 1,625,382,483 triples)

[2]
http://query.linkeddatafragments.org/#datasources=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia-live.openlinksw.com%2Fsparql
-- default query scoped to http://dbpedia-live.openlinksw.com/sparql
endpoint (2.2 secs across 628,207,710 triples)

[2]
http://query.linkeddatafragments.org/#datasources=http%3A%2F%2Flod.openlinksw.com%2Fsparql
-- ditto scoped to http://lod.openlinksw.com/sparql (10.6 secs across
35,579,533,064 triples)

Question/Suggestion:

Should the GraphQL-LD tab not automagically present a rendition of an
existing SPARQL Query? That would be a nice feature that simplifies
understanding how SPARQL and GraphQL-LD are related etc..

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Home Page: http://www.openlinksw.com
Community Support: https://community.openlinksw.com