Re: RDF.ex - Elixir implementations of the Semantic Web standards

From: Tony Hammond <tony.hammond@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 14:56:15 +0100
To: public-lod@w3.org
Hi:

I just published today a new post 'Querying RDF with Elixir: Using SPARQL.ex to query over
RDF datastores’:

https://medium.com/@tonyhammond/querying-rdf-with-elixir-2378b39d65cc

This again is by way of follow up to last week's announcement from Marcel Otto [1] on his
Elixir implementation for RDF and SPARQL.

In my previous post [2], and announced here [3], I talked about the RDF.ex package for RDF
processing in Elixir.

This post talks about two additional Elixir packages for RDF processing: SPARQL.ex for
querying in-memory RDF models, and SPARQL.Client.ex for dispatching queries to remote
RDF datastores.

It also presents a small demo which shows the Observer (a graphical tool) being used to
inspect data from SPARQL result sets retrieved from DBpedia and stored in ETS tables –
a local cacheing mechanism.

Tony

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lod/2018Sep/0035.html
[2] https://medium.com/@tonyhammond/early-steps-in-elixir-and-rdf-5078a4ebfe0f