Re: making our HTML+RDFa queryable

From: Ruben Verborgh <Ruben.Verborgh@UGent.be>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 16:16:29 +0000
To: Martynas Jusevičius <martynas@graphity.org>
CC: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>, "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>
> The effort and the level of abstraction are not the same.

For consumers, they are:
./xslt-tool page.html
./html5-tool page.html

Agree that _writing_ the parser requires more effort,
but that effort has been done, so we reuse.

> But with this attitude the web will not get anywhere.

We agreed on HTML5, and it works, so no worries.

> Without correct syntax there is no layer to build semantics on. So
> those who tolerate tag soup, should not expect Semantic Web.

Yet I have live querying out of tag soup right here:
http://query.verborgh.org/

> End of rant :)

;-)

Ruben