Re: Soft ontology reuse

Indeed -- I wrote up this idea a while back, where I called them
"connection points". In my case there were two main motivations -- one
was to avoid making decisions in terms of upper ontologies that you
didn't need to. The other was to avoid bringing in bloat (bringing in
the NCBI taxonomy would be an obvious example).

http://www.russet.org.uk/blog/2955

I was hoping to formalise the idea a bit more but alas have not found
time.

Phil

--
Phillip Lord,                           Phone: +44 (0) 191 208 7827
Lecturer in Bioinformatics,             Email: phillip.lord@newcastle.ac.uk