Re: How to link to Companies House (UK) data?

Hello Matt,

As others have said, the predicate you choose depends very much on the
relationship your trying to make between your 'my:object' and some company.

Here's a concrete example of something other that relates bathing waters
(beachs/rivers/lakes etc.) to the organisations that are responsible for
sewerage in the locale of that bathing water.

http://environment.data.gov.uk/doc/bathing-water/ukc2102-03600.ttl

which includes the following triples - modulo namespaces.

    bw:ukc2102-03600  a def-bw:CoastalBathingWater , def-bw:BathingWater ;
             def-bw:appointedSewerageUndertaker
    <http://business.data.gov.uk/id/company/02366703> ;
             skos:prefLabel                  "Spittal"@en .

    <http://business.data.gov.uk/id/company/02366703>
             chterms:companyProfile
    <http://business.data.gov.uk/companies/profile/02366703> ;
             skos:prefLabel          "Northumbrian Water Limited"@en .

We could have used a weaker predicate than chterms:companyProfile like
rdfs:seeAlso which would at best suggests that publisher of this data thinks you
might also be interested in whatever comes back from
<http://business.data.gov.uk/companies/profile/02366703> without setting any
expectation over its form.

BR

Stuart Williams

--
Epimorphics Ltd                        www.epimorphics.com
Court Lodge, 105 High Street, Portishead, Bristol BS20 6PT

Epimorphics Ltd. is a limited company registered in England (number 7016688)
Registered address: Court Lodge, 105 High Street, Portishead, Bristol BS20 6PT, UK