Re: How to link to Companies House (UK) data?

From: Stuart Williams <skw@epimorphics.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 17:47:56 +0000
To: Matt Wallis <matt@solidarityeconomics.org>, public-lod@w3.org
Hello Matt,

As others have said, the predicate you choose depends very much on the
relationship your trying to make between your 'my:object' and some company.

Here's a concrete example of something other that relates bathing waters
(beachs/rivers/lakes etc.) to the organisations that are responsible for
sewerage in the locale of that bathing water.

http://environment.data.gov.uk/doc/bathing-water/ukc2102-03600.ttl

which includes the following triples - modulo namespaces.

    bw:ukc2102-03600  a def-bw:CoastalBathingWater , def-bw:BathingWater ;
             def-bw:appointedSewerageUndertaker
    <http://business.data.gov.uk/id/company/02366703> ;
             skos:prefLabel                  "Spittal"@en .

    <http://business.data.gov.uk/id/company/02366703>
             chterms:companyProfile
    <http://business.data.gov.uk/companies/profile/02366703> ;
             skos:prefLabel          "Northumbrian Water Limited"@en .

We could have used a weaker predicate than chterms:companyProfile like
rdfs:seeAlso which would at best suggests that publisher of this data thinks you
might also be interested in whatever comes back from
<http://business.data.gov.uk/companies/profile/02366703> without setting any
expectation over its form.

BR

Stuart Williams

--
Epimorphics Ltd                        www.epimorphics.com
Court Lodge, 105 High Street, Portishead, Bristol BS20 6PT

Epimorphics Ltd. is a limited company registered in England (number 7016688)
Registered address: Court Lodge, 105 High Street, Portishead, Bristol BS20 6PT, UK