Re: Please publish Turtle or JSON-LD instead of RDF/XML [was Re: Recommendation for transformation of RDF/XML to JSON-LD in a web browser?]

On 4 September 2015 at 12:02, Stian Soiland-Reyes <
soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk> wrote:

> +1 to minimize RDF/XML use!
>
> I do also think there is the same danger now of JSON-LD being seen as
> a dialect of JSON, rather than a way to serialize RDF.
>
> I have seen people trying to do "JSON-LD" with arbitrary JSON added
> here and there. Some even interpreted "Linked Data" as meaning "Just
> make some JSON with arbitrary keys and put it on the web". For many
> developers who come fresh to RDF/Linked Data - the first thing they
> see is the serialization and they want to stop there - they have
> enough other things to worry about.

This is definitely one of the weaknesses of JSON, and people are doing
this, or trying to do this already.

As far as I know, linked data doesnt have a systematic way of translating
the property "attribute" into a URI.

So the downside of increased JSON usage, could be lower quality data.