Re: Quick Poll

Thanks, and thanks for all the answers so far.

> On 23 Jan 2015, at 16:23, Stian Soiland-Reyes <soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> Not sure where you are going, but you are probably interested in
> linksets - as a way to package equivalence relations - typically in a
> graph of its own.
Thanks - I have a lot of linksets :-)

> http://www.w3.org/TR/void/#describing-linksets
>

> To answer the questions:
>
> Q1: d) in subject, property, object, or multiple of those.
I don’t understand where property comes in for using owl:sameAs (or whatever) in stating equivalence between URIs, so I’ll read that as c)

> Q2: No. We already reuse existing vocabularies and external
> identifiers, and there could be a nested structure which is only
> indirectly connected to "our" URIs.
I realise that this second question wasn’t as clear as it might have been.
What I meant was concerned with the sameAs triples only (as was explicit for Q1).
So, to elaborate, if you have decided that:
http://mysite.com/foo, http://dbpedia.org/resource/foo, http://rdf.freebase.com/ns/m.05195d8
are aligned (the same), then what do the triples describing that look like?
In particular, do you have any that look like
<http://dbpedia.org/resource/foo> owl:sameAs <http://rdf.freebase.com/ns/m.05195d8> .
(or vice versa), or do you equivalent everything to a “mysite” URI?

But I guess for OpenPHACTS this doesn’t apply, since I understand from what you say below that you never mint a URI of your own where you know there is an external one.
Although it does beg the question, perhaps, of what you do when you alter find equivalences.

Best
Hugh