Re: linked open data and PDF

On 1/20/15 11:22 AM, Paul Houle wrote:
> I don't like the idea of unchecked expansion of formats because it
> puts an open-ended burden on both Adobe and third party software
> developers.  If there are specific problems with the current XMP
> format it makes sense to transition to XMP2 but the more variation in
> formats the worse it will be for the ecosystem.

RDF/XML or any other XML based notation has next to no traction in
regards to Linked Open Data, circa., 2015.

I am not asking Adobe to dump what they have since that in of itself
puts a massive burden on them. I am suggesting a middle-ground where
they simply focus on transformation between other RDF notations and the
one they currently support. Net effect, we can add metadata to PDF using
a variety of notations.

As for the XMP vocabulary of terms,  Adobe doesn't even need to do
anything about that if its published using RDF/XML. There are many
transformers in place for them to leverage en route to making said
vocabulary broadly readable.

Kingsley