Re: Enterprise information system

Hugh,

i think if you send them down a route where you have to write bespoke
software (which uses RDF concept, hard to find developers to write and
maintain) for purposes for which mature widely tested and widely spread
software exists you'd be doing them a disservice.

Eventually they'll find someone showing them how "normally these things are
done" they'd say "hey but this is what we need really - give it to us now".
This will at that point both possibly spoil your reputation with them and
their perception toward LD technologies, which could on the other hand be
useful if used in moderation - or in domain where data "variability" is
indeed extreme.

I would recommend look for good open source personnel or project management
system (Groupware etc) and see if it makes sense to introduce concepts such
as unique identifiers used across the organization (Which could be
resolvable URI thus giving you a "homepage" for every core concept of the
company). But be flexible even in this case if you are to add any LD at
all.. people often prefer typ+number (e.g. personnel ID, project code) than
URIs  so if you do a global lookup interface for all, dont insist they must
use URIs to find something. However if anything does in fact "show" on a
stable and nice URI in their browser, they'll naturally refer to it when
passing each other references in emails etc.  but this is the same than
what they would be doing with any reputable content management system.

my2c
Gio