Re: SW/LD researchers groking LaTeX and HTML (Was vs Re: [ESWC 2015] First Call for Paper)

On 10/2/14 5:08 AM, Luca Matteis wrote:
> RDF can be expressed in Turtle, JSON-LD, HTML (RDFa), XML (RDF/XML)...
> adding PDF or Latex to the group seems like a logical thing to do.

To qualify the statement above, a little:

You can use RDF (an abstract language) to create document content using
notations such as: Turtle, JSON-LD, HTML (RDFa), XML (RDF/XML)... .

We use Language to communicate, systematically.

We use Notations to represent what's being communicated, in medium
specific ways.

The clearer we are about what RDF actually is,  the easier it will
become for others to comprehend and appreciate :)

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com