 Subject: Re: Semantic Web culture vs Startup culture
 To: public-lod@w3.org
 Date: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 1:00 PM

 On 3/29/14 1:41 PM, Luca Matteis
 wrote:
 > Started a sort of Semantic Web vs Startup culture war
 on Hacker News:

 > Maybe you all can help me with some of the comments
 ;-)

 My comments, posted to the list:

 RDF is unpopular because it is generally misunderstood. This
 problem arises (primarily) from how RDF has been presented
 to the market in general.
 To understand RDF you have first understand what Data
 actually is [1], once you cross that hurdle two things [2[3]
 ]will become obvious:

 1. RDF is extremely useful in regards to all issues relating
 to Data
 2. RDF has been poorly promoted.

 Links:
 [1] http://slidesha.re/1epEyZ1 -- Understanding Data
 [2] http://bit.ly/1fluti1 -- What is RDF, Really?
 [3] http://bit.ly/1cqm7Hs -- RDF Relation (RDF should
 really stand for: Relations Description Framework) .

 Founder & CEO
 OpenLink Software
 Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com