Re: Semantic Web culture vs Startup culture

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 14:00:44 -0400
To: public-lod@w3.org
On 3/29/14 1:41 PM, Luca Matteis wrote:
> Started a sort of Semantic Web vs Startup culture war on Hacker News:
>
> Maybe you all can help me with some of the comments ;-)

My comments, posted to the list:

RDF is unpopular because it is generally misunderstood. This problem
arises (primarily) from how RDF has been presented to the market in general.
To understand RDF you have first understand what Data actually is [1],
once you cross that hurdle two things [2[3] ]will become obvious:

1. RDF is extremely useful in regards to all issues relating to Data
2. RDF has been poorly promoted.

Links:
[1] http://slidesha.re/1epEyZ1 -- Understanding Data
[2] http://bit.ly/1fluti1 -- What is RDF, Really?