Re: URIs within URIs

> On 22 Aug 2014, at 22:43, Ruben Verborgh <ruben.verborgh@ugent.be> wrote:
>
> Hi Hugh,
>
>> Can you tell me id there is a pattern for the uri= style stuff, where you want everything the service wants to say about the URI, in any position?
>
> The current triple pattern fragments spec does not mandate this, but:
> - each response will give you the controls (links and/or form) to find the other patterns
Not very nice if all I want is to get what the service wants to tell me about that URI.
> - the server is free to include more triples than asked for
Sounds better.
> - future extensions (that are planned) can support this
Even better :-)

>> And I guess that raises the question of bnodes as well.
>
> My answer to that is always:
> bnodes are Semantic Web, but not Linked Data.
> If a node doesn't have a universal identifier, it cannot be addressed.
I find this comment strange.
If you mean that I can’t query using a bnode, then sure.
If you mean that I never get any bnodes back as a result of a Linked Data URI GET, then I think not.
But then again, I think my comment was a bit confused itself :-)

Cheers

--
Hugh Glaser
   20 Portchester Rise