Re: URIs within URIs

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 6:19 PM, Ruben Verborgh <ruben.verborgh@ugent.be> wrote:
> This gets us to a deeper difference between (current) Linked Data and the rest of the Web:
> Linked Data uses only links as hypermedia controls,
> whereas the remainder of the Web uses links *and forms*.
> Forms are a much more powerful mechanism to discover information.

Dear Ruben,

Indeed. In fact triple pattern fragments are the only real formal
specification I have found of this.

I'm wondering however if *form URIs* could themselves be resources
rather than datasets. For example imagine the example from earlier:

    <http://bar.com/?subject=http%3A%2F%2Ffoo.com%2Falice> a void:Dataset .
    <http://foo.com/alice> <#some> <#data> .

Instead of being a void:Dataset, the form URI could simply be a new
URI someone defines with an owl:sameAs relation (or other outbound
relationships) to the alice URI, such as:

    <http://bar.com/?uri=http%3A%2F%2Ffoo.com%2Falice> owl:sameAs
<http://foo.com/alice>;
                <#some> <#data> .

I guess the differentiation between the two is a simple semantic
formality. Can I link to triple pattern fragments datasets as if they
were resources? Such as: <http://other.com/alice> rdfs:seeAlso
<http://bar.com/?subject=http%3A%2F%2Ffoo.com%2Falice> . ?

Best,
Luca