From: ggvaidya@gmail.com [mailto:ggvaidya@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Gaurav Vaidya
Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2014 2:47 AM
To: public-lod@w3.org
Cc: Dimitris Kontokostas
Subject: Image annotation vocabulary

Hi there!

I’m looking at ways of modeling image annotations from the Wikimedia Commons (https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Gadget-ImageAnnotator)
in RDF for my Google Summer of Code project. So far, I’ve found an excellent vocabulary (http://jibbering.com/vocabs/image/index.rdf)
that would allow me to define parts of images in terms of geometric shapes and coordinates, onto which I can attach any RDF data I want.
You can see an example of this vocabulary in use here:
http://www.kanzaki.com/works/2003/imagedesc/yakitoriya.rdf

Unfortunately, this vocabulary is (1) marked as still undergoing testing, and (2) hasn’t been updated since 2003. Does anybody here know of a similar vocabulary that is in active development, or an alternate approach that might model the Commons’ ImageAnnotator more closely?