Re: AW: Which datatype to use for time intervals

Hi Lars,

What do you think about this?
An example in N3 from the clinical domain, using the data type 'dateTime' from XMLSchema to describe the beginning and the end of a period (as event).

@prefix agent: <http://eulersharp.sourceforge.net/2003/03swap/agent#> .
@prefix clineva: <http://www.agfa.com/w3c/2009/clinicalEvaluation#> .
@prefix human: <http://eulersharp.sourceforge.net/2003/03swap/human#> .
@prefix malneo: <http://www.agfa.com/w3c/2009/malignantNeoplasm#> .
@prefix time: <http://eulersharp.sourceforge.net/2003/03swap/time#> .
@prefix xsd: <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#> .

@prefix i: <http://example/instances#> .

# A person as patient got a disorder diagnosed during a period (blank node) beginning on dateTime x and ending on dateTime y.
# Note: the event does not describe a diagnostic procedure but an uncertainty period wherein the disorder is diagnosed: translation of "sometime in december 2009".

i:person1
       a human:Person;
       agent:playsRole i:patient1;
       clineva:gotDiagnosed
            [
             a malneo:SecondarySkinMalignantNeoplasia;
             event:diagnosedDuring
                   [
                    time:begins "2009-12-01T00:00:00.000000Z"^^xsd:dateTime;
                    time:ends "2009-12-31T23:59:59.999998Z"^^xsd:dateTime ]].

Or do you want per se 1 data type expressing a specific duration?
How would you do temporal calculation (if you intend to)?

Kind regards,
Hans