Re: Examples of FYN agents (was: Re: There's No Money in Linked Data)

From: Olaf Hartig <ohartig@uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 13:30:55 -0300
To: <public-lod@w3.org>
CC: Michael Brunnbauer <brunni@netestate.de>
On Saturday 18 May 2013 12:26:13 Michael Brunnbauer wrote:
> hi all,
>
> On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 09:58:24AM +0100, Leigh Dodds wrote:
> > One criteria that agents might apply when conducting "Follow Your
> > Nose" consumption of Linked Data ...
>
> I am interested in examples of such agents that are not crawlers or semantic
> web browsers.

Any system that supports the link traversal based query execution paradigm
(LTBQE) presents such an example. For instance, SQUIN [1] is such a system.

If you want to get an overview on Linked Data query execution, including
LTBQE, you may read the slides from my WWW2013 tutorial [2] or this article
[3]. For a short, 4-pages paper on SQUIN refer to [4].

Best,
Olaf

[1] http://squin.org

[2] http://db.uwaterloo.ca/LDQTut2013/

[3] O. Hartig: An Overview on Execution Strategies for Linked Data Queries. To
appear in Datenbankspektrum, 2013.
http://olafhartig.de/files/Hartig_LDQueryExec_DBSpektrum2013_Preprint.pdf

[4] O. Hartig: SQUIN: A Traversal Based Query Execution System for the Web of
Linked Data. In SIGMOD 2013.
http://olafhartig.de/files/Hartig_SIGMOD2013Demo_Preprint.pdf