Re: EXIF and other metadata and imagesnippets

On 5/1/13 10:17 AM, Margaret Warren wrote:
> Kingsley wrote:
>
>> >Can your service not use other Linked Data proxy/wrapper services? For
> instance, if there exists a
>> >service that already produces Linked Data renditions of EXIF why not just
> use its URLs patterns to get
>> >the data into your system?  At the very least make it an option for users.
> Yes, we would love to... If any one knows of any specific services, we would
> love to include them if feasible/practical.

Links:

1. http://linkeddata.uriburner.com -- a Linked Data middleware and
browsing service
2.
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/html/http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/764045226.png
-- example of the URL pattern for getting an HTML based description of a
PNG (i.e., using EXIF data to construct the RDF based Linked Data
description graph)
3. http://ode.openlinksw.com -- a browser extension that produces the
URL pattern above via context menu additions (it also has Turtle
content-type handling for Firefox and Chrome i.e., open a Turtle
document and you get an HTML based browser page for graph exploration) .

Re. #3, if you look at ODE's setup, you'll see how its loosely coupled
to RDF proxy/wrapper services via URL patterns.

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen