Re: A request for conference organizers and promoters

On 5/1/13 10:47 AM, Alexander Garcia Castro wrote:
> This will be an interesting experiment. will authors follow it? will
> there be a clear added value for readers? in any case interesting +1
>
> This is an http://www.jbiomedsem.com/content/4/S1/S5 example of using
> linked data in the biomedical domain, in scientific publications.
> although a post mortem experiment, it illustrates the advantages of
> linked data for full content open access journals.
>
> "In this paper, we present our approach to the generation of
> self-describing machine-readable scholarly documents. We understand
> the scientific document as an entry point and interface to the Web of
> Data. We have semantically processed the full-text, open-access subset
> of PubMed Central. Our RDF model and resulting dataset make extensive
> use of existing ontologies and semantic enrichment services"

Here's are some links showcasing the effect of COLD's use of Linked Data
as an integral part of their home page construction effort:

1.
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/html/http/db.uwaterloo.ca/cold2013/ -
follow-your-nose via the foaf:primaryTopic relation object
2.
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/id/entity/http/db.uwaterloo.ca/cold2013/#ws
- a proxy/wrapper Linked Data URI for the workshop
3. http://bit.ly/ZVdE9Q -- faceted browser page that delivers
follow-your-nose navigation and serendipitous discovery across different
entity relationship dimensions .

Now I pass your URL to the same Linked Data browsing/exploration
service, and I get:

http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/html/http://www.jbiomedsem.com/content/4/S1/S5
.

Question: where is the Linked Data ?