Re: A request for conference organizers and promoters

This will be an interesting experiment. will authors follow it? will
there be a clear added value for readers? in any case interesting +1

This is an http://www.jbiomedsem.com/content/4/S1/S5 example of using
linked data in the biomedical domain, in scientific publications.
although a post mortem experiment, it illustrates the advantages of
linked data for full content open access journals.

"In this paper, we present our approach to the generation of
self-describing machine-readable scholarly documents. We understand
the scientific document as an entry point and interface to the Web of
Data. We have semantically processed the full-text, open-access subset
of PubMed Central. Our RDF model and resulting dataset make extensive
use of existing ontologies and semantic enrichment services"

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
> On 5/1/13 8:42 AM, Sarven Capadisli wrote:
>>
>> On 05/01/2013 02:19 PM, Aidan Hogan wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Sarven,
>>>
>>> We've been following the discussion and saw your request ...
>>>
>>> For the COLD 2013 Workshop (@ISWC) [1], aside from requiring PDFs, we
>>> will also allow submission of optional Web-based materials, such as
>>> HTML, XHTML+RDFa, Turtle, ontologies, videos, etc. It is up to the
>>> authors to decide if they want to submit such material and if so, in
>>> what format or for what purpose. Such material will be hosted and/or
>>> linked from our workshop web-page (which is a source of RDFa-based
>>> Linked Data) [1].
>>>
>>> We're not sure what kinds of material authors will see fit to submit, so
>>> this is effectively an experiment for us. Let's see if authors decide to
>>> make use of this option and if so, how.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> COLD 2013 Organisers
>>>
>>> [1] http://db.uwaterloo.ca/cold2013/
>>

>> This is great news for all!
>>
>> Sets an excellent example for others.
>>
>> COLD 2013 Organisers, thank you :)
>>
>> -Sarven
>>

> This is exactly how it should be done.
>
> We have an event about consuming Linked Data that exemplifies the concept by
> also showcasing (via its own home page) the power of Linked Data.
>
> Awesome!
>

> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Kingsley Idehen