Re: ORCID no longer relevant?

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Stian Soiland-Reyes
<soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk> wrote:

> moment [5] - I would be careful about using foaf:account to the ORCID
> URI, as the ORCID identifies the person (at least in a scientific
> context), and not an OnlineAccount - has someone else tried a
> structure here?

For record, here's the FOAF account workaround (which I am not going
to use due to verbosity):

_:stian a foaf:Person ;
  foaf:account [
    a foaf:OnlineAccount ;
    foaf:accountServiceHomepage <http://orcid.org/> ;
    foaf:accountName "0000-0001-9842-9718"
  ]  .

but it's not particularly pretty, but easy enough. We don't have the
http vs https issue like with Twitter, and unlike G+, the account
names are clearly defined.

It is however tricky to query such structures when you are just
looking for say everything published by the person. (luckily for me
that won't be much!)

I used an anonymous node, as I am reluctant to identify the
foaf:OnlineAccount as <http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718> (although
FOAF recommends using such profile pages) as  with the unclear URI
practice someone might say that I am owl:sameAs
<http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718>  - and I don't want to be an
online account! :-)

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team