Re: Semantic Web Journal: 2nd Special Issue for Linked Dataset Descriptions

On 02/27/2013 02:11 PM, Jens Lehmann wrote:

> Semantic Web Journal Special Issue on Linked Dataset Descriptions:
> http://www.semantic-web-journal.net/blog/semantic-web-journal-call-2nd-special-issue-linked-dataset-descriptions
>

> Linked Data is a key enabler for the Semantic Web vision and one of the
> steps towards a truly "Semantic Web". The Semantic Web journal calls for
> papers (5-8 pages) containing a concise description of a Linked Dataset.
> The paper shall describe in concise and clear terms key characteristics
> of the dataset as a guide to its usage for various (possibly unforeseen)
> purposes. In particular, such a paper shall typically give information,
> amongst others, on the following aspects of the dataset (if applicable).
>
> * Name, URL, versioning, licensing, availability
> * Topic coverage, source for the data
> * Purpose of the Linked Dataset, e.g. demonstrated by relevant queries
>    or inferences over it
> * Applications using the dataset and other metrics of use
> * Creation, maintenance and update mechanisms as well as policies to
>    ensure sustainability and stability
> * Quality, quantity and purpose of links to other datasets
> * Domain modeling and use of established vocabularies
> * Examples and critical discussion of typical knowledge modelling
>    patterns used
> * Known shortcomings of the dataset
>
> Papers will be evaluated along the following dimensions: quality of the
> dataset, usefulness (or potential usefulness) of the dataset, as well as
> clarity and completeness of the descriptions.
>
> Papers should usually be written by people involved in the generation or
> maintenance of the dataset, or with the consent of these people.
>
> Prospective authors must take notice of the submission guidelines posted
> at http://www.semantic-web-journal.net/authors.
>
> Deadlines:
>
> Paper submission: *March 7th, 2013*
> Notification: usually within 8 weeks of submission
>
> Special Issue Editors:
>
>      Jens Lehmann
>      Oscar Corcho
>      Richard Cyganiak
>
> Guest Editors:
>
>      Victor de Boer, VU Amsterdam, The Netherlands
>      Aba-Sah Dadzie, University of Sheffield, UK
>      Fabien Gandon, INRIA, Sophia Antipolis, France
>      Hugh Glaser, University of Southampton, UK
>      Christophe Guéret, VU Amsterdam, The Netherlands
>      Willem Robert van Hage, VU Amsterdam, The Netherlands
>      Aidan Hogan, DERI Galway, Ireland
>      Prateek Jain, Wright State University, Dayton, U.S.A.
>      Tomi Kauppinen, University of Münster, Germany
>      Michael Lutz, European Commission – Joint Research Centre, Italy
>      Michael Martin, University of Leipzig, Germany
>      Danh Le Phuoc, DERI Galway, Ireland
>      Axel Polleres, Siemens, Austria
>      Marta Sabou, MODUL University Vienna, Austria
>      Francois Scharffe, Université Montpellier 2, France
>      Emanuele Della Valle, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
>      Pierre-Yves Vandenbussche, Fujitsu (limited), Ireland
>      Boris Villazón-Terrazas, iSOCO, Spain

My colleagues and I submitted a "paper", Linked SDMX Data:
http://www.semantic-web-journal.net/content/linked-sdmx-data

Well, since this is an open process, and we love open, reviews are most
welcome either at SWJ, or drop feedback at the canonical URI of the effort:

http://csarven.ca/linked-sdmx-data

I realize that mentioning this is out of the ordinary on this list, but,
wouldn't it be great if the community is fully transparent in their
efforts? Or is doing "science" is replaced by "step aside dude, my
h-index is this big!" these days?

Bon week-end :)

-Sarven