Re: Matching same ressources but with varying URL schemes (http / https)

On Jul 4, 2013, at 1:12 PM, Aidan Hogan wrote:

> On 04/07/2013 17:45, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> On 7/4/13 11:49 AM, Olivier Berger wrote:
> <snip to Olivier's question:>
>>> For instance, I'd like to match as "identical" two doap:Projects
>>> resources
>>> which have "same" doap:homepage if I can match
>>> http://project1/example.com/home/ and https://project1/example.com/home/
>>>
> <snip to Kingsley's response:>
>> Conclusion: just leverage RDF semantics, forget about regexing anything,
>> and you have a first-class demonstration of what RDF actually adds to
>> Linked Data :-)
>
> Kingsley, I think you misread the question.
>
>  doap:homepage a owl:InverseFunctionalProperty .
>  :SomeThing doap:homepage <http://project1/example.com/home/> .
>  :AnotherThing doap:homepage <https://project1/example.com/home/> .
>
> will not infer:
>
>  :SomeThing owl:sameAs :AnotherThing .
>
> The two values for doap:homepage are different.

Well, you could add

http://project1/example.com/home/   owl:sameAs   https://project1/example.com/home/  .

which might be true in a sense and is not likely to confuse any HTTP engines (unless they start doing OWL reasoning, but I'm not holding my breath.)

Pat