Re: rNews RDFa in BBC News

On 23/01/13 08:27, Jeremy Tarling wrote:
> Separately we will publish the BBC GUIDs we have created for
> person/place/organisations with sameAs links towikidata/freebase/dbpedia.

What does separately mean?

I love, for instance, the movement of RDFa into iPlayer, e.g.:
http://www.w3.org/2007/08/pyRdfa/extract?format=turtle&uri=http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01ptd0h

But, Nick's dump of BBC Music only has a limited linkset, so I don't
know that*:
<http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/2df30b6c-997d-4c3f-abb5-5e0d6317ea57#artist>
owl:sameAs
<http://musicbrainz.org/artist/2df30b6c-997d-4c3f-abb5-5e0d6317ea57#_>

(A fairly easy URI manipulation, but that means nothing to Linked Data)

If you need to mint your own schemes, could the sameAs links not be
carried in the graph from resolving your URIs?

Barry

* At least I think she's not included (I didn't check). I was hoping
that the new Big Boi/Little Dragon collaboration would be a good
example, but that's listed as:
<http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0140gr4#segment> a po:MusicSegment ;
      dc:title "Descending"@en-GB ;
      mo:performer
          [ a mo:MusicArtist ;
              foaf:name "Big Boi and Little Dragon"@en-GB
          ] ;

Wasn't the BBC Music Reviews policy that things missing from MusicBrainz
would be added? Has that changed?