Re: How can I express containment/composition?

Yes, of course it all depends on what you actually want to say: political/administrative/geographic/geometry etc.
John Goodwin has been using
http://data.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/ontology/spatialrelations/within

http://data.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/ontology/spatialrelations/contains

see
http://data.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/id/7000000000001386

for administrative geographies, which might be the same as some others and/or what you want.
Best