Re: "DOM" for RDF?

On 02/12/2013 11:23, Tim Berners-Lee wrote:

> I think my conclusion from the DOM experience was that actually
> people wanted jQuery -- something optimized for the language.
>
> My own RDF APIs have been optimized for js and python respectively,
> though they share style and many calls.
>
> See undocumented rdflib.js https://github.com/linkeddata/rdflib.js/
>
> I can still think of further optimizations to make writing code
> even smoother.
But that's precisely my point: how many people even know about your
undocumented code, and how many of them could make effective use of it,
as you add clever new features?

Putting my point another way, as thing stand I would see little value in
anyone trying to write a book about software for processing RDF, since
it would have to cover a multitude of offerings, and would be out of
date before it was finished.  A centrally-provided, language-independent
API spec provides a way of "telling the story" which can't be matched by
fragmented individual efforts, however well-crafted (and -documented :-) ).

Richard

--
*Richard Light*