Re: invitation to try ImageSnippets

On 4/29/13 10:43 AM, Michael Brunnbauer wrote:
> Hello Kingsley,
>
> On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 10:18:14AM -0400, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>>> Let me be sure I understand you: You took the image URLs and expected
>>> something else than an image to be served at those URLs ?
>> No, I took the HTTP URIs that your system uses to denote the data it
>> creates.
> Those you mentioned in your URI verifier examples are both image URLs:
>
> http://www.imagesnippets.com/imgtag/images/mm@carmapro.com/P1010996.JPG
> http://www.imagesnippets.com/imgtag/images/kidehen@openlinksw.com/Linked_Data_Semiotic_Triangle.png

I was hoping that they were proxy/wrapper Linked Data URIs i.e., they
resolve to description documents [1][2].

I've also looked at:
1.
http://www.imagesnippets.com/imgtag/images/mm@carmapro.com/P1010996.html
-- which uses an RDFa data island to expose the RDF metadata
2. http://www.imagesnippets.com/imgtag/images/mm@carmapro.com/P1010996
-- this doesn't resolve, but it is a candidate URI for a Linked Data
proxy/wrapper URI.

> BTW: ImageSnippets also works with external URLs. You do not have to store
> the image itself on www.imagesnippets.com.

Yes, that part is clear,

>> Basically, we generally refer to these kinds of URIs as
>> proxy/wrapper Linked Data URIs.
>> The key here is to make your Linked Data as
>> discoverable as possible, across user agent profiles and capability etc..
> You probably want 303 redirects from the image URLs to different RDF
> serializations based on conneg - and a 200 with the image itself as default ?

Yes. Basically, reflecting the duality of Linked Data URIs whereby a
single URI enables entity denotation and discovery of documents that
describe said URI's referent.

Links:

1. http://twitpic.com/cmw72m -- hash based Linked Data URIs
2. http://twitpic.com/cmw52i -- hashless Linked Data URIs as used by