Re: Restpark - Minimal RESTful API for querying RDF triples

On 4/16/13 4:27 PM, Aidan Hogan wrote:
> In summary:
>
> * "SPARQL scales in some cases" = vague, but okay
> * "SPARQL scales" = not okay
Does SQL scale?

In short, does any query language scale in this context?

How does some RESTful pattern scale in a manner that surpasses what's
possible with a declarative query language?

My original context for scale was a single interaction pattern over HTTP
that's endowed with a declarative query language.

SPARQL Protocol patterns are more scalable than REST interaction
patterns since you have one vs a N number of different RESTful patterns.

That said, I am eternally interested in useful SPARQL queries that make
a useful case for SPARQL not being scalable when the goal is a useful
solution.

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com