Re: Restpark - Minimal RESTful API for querying RDF triples

Hi Aidan,
On Apr 16, 2013, at 10:27 PM, Aidan Hogan wrote:
>> The credo that SPARQL does not scale in comparison to restpark does not hold true because restpark cannot answer queries that SPARQL endpoints could.
>
> But this is *precisely* the reason why it does hold true! :) SPARQL does not scale in comparison to Restpark because (and only because) SPARQL is a complex language and Restpark is a simple language.
Then I made a mistake in parsing your scaling semantics ;)
Your scaling means "be fast in answering simple queries"
My scaling means "be capable in answering complex queries with the advantage that it is also very fast in answering simple queries"

As SPARQL is as fast as answering simple queries as restpark and can answer more complicated queries as well. SPARQL must scale in more dimensions than restpark.
Therefore SPARQL scales and restpark does not ;)
>> Not competing in most of the performance race is not the same as winning the race ;)
>
> Who said anything about a race. :)
Well we where measuring something on a scale ;)

> Cheers,
> Aidan
Cheers,
Jerven