Re: See Other

On 3/28/12 6:07 PM, Hugh Glaser wrote:
> Ah, thanks Kingsley, I think I am beginning to get it.
>
> The intention is that the text link takes you to "explore" this entity in whatever explorer it is embedded.
> So http://www.dotac.info/explorer/ or other things such as the iPhone app also use this - hence the fragment.
> In fact the Detail web page is just a convenient way of exposing the panel contents for others to use.
> Actually as I recall it was deliberate that the link would not take you to the same place as the tiny little icon - we don't have html pages for our Linked Data that are suitable for non-LD people.
> In fact, I came close to not having any LD links visible on the page at all.
>
> So the short answer is that the text is not, and is not meant to be, an LD URI.
> Nor are the many other links on the page.
> Am I understanding correctly?

Yes, but notice how I am still able to get the LD URI by scoping my
CTRL+Mouse based menu action to the link associated with the icon.
Ideally, we want all HTML pages to be Linked Data discovery vectors.

In retrospect, I am guilty of assuming that this pattern what long
established from the early LOD project bootstrap time. I could have just
put out a best practices note about how to leverage HTML pages as Linked
Data discovery vectors, a long time ago.

I've also relied too much on the "view source pattern". It worked for
Web 1.0 but doesn't seem to kick in naturally re. Web 3.0 :-)

Kingsley