Re: Thought: 207 Description Follows

Wed 28 mars 2012 16:35, Dave Reynolds wrote:
> This particular piece of the puzzle is not a technology or tools issue.
> The web hosting in those cases is perfectly capable of publishing static
> files or allowing content in the head of an html document. It is an
> organizational and social issue.

I have no doubt this is often the case, but frankly, I'm not interested in
those cases. They will always lag a decade behind, and the rest of the
world would have to provide a compelling case for why they need to change
their deeply ingrained practices.

It is all those that we need to get onboard to provide that compelling case.
All those who find it difficult to publish because so few options are
available to them. And that's not because there aren't good semweb tools,
there are, but few are available in forms that can be adopted within the
frameworks they are used to work with, or cannot be deployed at a price
they are prepared to pay. This is not about "capable", it is about "easy
enough".

I think the focus should be on those, not on organisational practices that
are hard to change anyway.

Kjetil