Re: NIR SIDETRACK Re: Change Proposal for HttpRange-14

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
> On 3/27/12 9:02 AM, Jonathan A Rees wrote:
>>
>> A prime example is any DOI,
>> e.g.
>>
>> http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pcbi.1000462
>>
>> (try doing conneg for RDF).
>
> I don't always have to seek or need RDF. I just need structured data. I can
> make Linked Data from non RDF resources.

That wasn't my point. I was just giving an example where a 303 URI
refers to an IR. This illustrates the idea that being defined by
description does not imply that you have an non-IR (which I admit was
not a point I had to make). That's all. You don't have to do the
conneg if you don't want to, you just get a non-RDF description of the
resource if you don't ask for RDF. If you don't like this example look
at the Flickr one instead.

Jonathan