What would break? Re: httpRange-14

On 2012-03 -26, at 06:18, Leigh Dodds wrote:

> I may be misreading you here, but I'm not against unambiguous
> definition. My "show what is actually broken" comment (on twitter) was
> essentially the same question as I've asked here before, and as Hugh
> asked again recently: what applications currently rely on httprange-14
> as it is written today. That useful so we can get a sense of what
> would break with a change. So far there's been 2 examples I think.

For me, the fact that you can use the URI of a document on the web
to refer to that document is so built into the semantic web architecture for the last 12
years that it has been implicit in everything I have coded or designed,
haven't been aware of where I have used it and where not.
It it is really difficult for me to measure which bits would
The SWAP project, CWM has that built in -- the URI of the document
something was read from is kept in the quad store as provenance
 for every triple read in.  The same with the tabulator store.
The tabulator offers different views of objects as a function of the classes
the are in, and it infers things from HTTP 200s and content types.
It would have to be re-engineered of course, something I'm prepared
to do in the cause of progress, but I feel it had better be something which
adds bath water without throwing out the baby.

Tim

PS: Missed the tweet