Re: Change Proposal for HttpRange-14

On 3/25/12 1:07 PM, Niklas Lindström wrote:
> To clarify, what do I mean by "another information resource"? Isn't a
> representation of a resource also a resource, ultimately different
> from the thing itself?

Yes!

We have the following in play, but never easily discernible from
Semantic Web and Linked Data narratives:

1. A Document (a Resource) -- bears representations of whatever
2. A Descriptor Document (a subClassOf Document) -- specifically bears
representation of the description of an unambiguously named subject
3. An unambiguously named subject or entity .

The term "Resource" continues to be used carelessly and the net effect
is utter confusion :-(  When reading Semantic Web (and even Linked Data
literature) it's very easy for the untrained eye to assume 1-3 are Web
resources. The subject of a description may or may not be a Web realm
entity. Its just something that's caught the interest of an author
(creator) of a description documentation.

Founder&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen