Re: Change Proposal for HttpRange-14

On Fri, 2012-03-23 at 16:12 +0000, Hugh Glaser wrote:

> So my question here is to people who have built a real app that consumes LD, by which I mean something in use every day by someone other than the builder and their friends - preferably where someone paid you to do it.
>
> ***Would your app break under this proposal?***

I didn't built it, but I believe this app breaks.

RDFa Distiller and Parser
http://www.w3.org/2007/08/pyRdfa/

Consider an 200 response with some RDFa 1.0 like this:
    xmlns:foaf="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/">
<head>
<base href="http://example.org/me"/>
<link rel="stylesheet" resource="style.css"/>
<title>Me</title>
</head>
<h1 property="foaf:name">James</h1>

The triple it produces are:
<http://example.org/me> a foaf:Person ;
     xhv:stylesheet <http://example.org/style.css> ;
     foaf:name "James" .

The xhv:stylesheet property makes no sense to apply to a person and the
typeof foaf:Person makes no sense to apply to a document. How is an RDFa
parser suppose to know which properties are for the document and which
are for the person?

I am not saying everyone should care to distinguish them (real data will
always be dirty), but using the same identifier for both the person and
the document should not be the recommended approach.

Regards,
James